Rise Above | Old School Crossover Hardcore from the New Orleans Underground
post-k band practice photo

Rise Above News

Friday, March 24, 2006

Review of 3/21/06 Show

Courtesy of NOLA Underground WebMaster Black Eyed Goat

"I was impressed to see that a good crowd stayed up on a Tuesday night. For the last 30 that stayed around for RISE ABOVE...you got one of the best shows yet. For the few that left...sorry guys...missed a good one. Our one and only Scorilla was burning up the frets...and all the AWESOME old school punk covers were there. The Pallbearers crowd was in again...more slamming around the front of the stage. I got one dedication...which I always like. As it was 1:30 and I had to leave...at least I got to see 90% of the set...they were playing Misfits "We Bite" as I headed for the door. But, of course, I couldn't leave...had to turn around for that one. They even played the old DISCHARGE! I love it. The original songs are something you don't forget...they rule and really sounded good on the stage last night. Rise Above had Chandler and the boys up on stage for a couple of songs...AWESOME! "

Click here for the entire review